View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 01:12 PM   #499
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Saeryn looked up at the three men who called themselves nobles. She surveyed them slowly, not caring if they noticed her eye travel down and up their entire lengths, one by one. She barely kept the disgust from rising to a visible expression on her face. Finally, she stood forward.

“I am Lady Saeryn, Lady of the Hall of Scarburg, wife to Lord Eodwine, Lord of the Middle Emnet. Lord Eodwine has been taken very ill and we sent him to Edoras yesterday to get help, but I know what must be accomplished in today’s proceedings, so his absence will not cause your time to be wasted.” She allowed the final word to linger momentarily in the air. Her hard, grey eyes met with the foremost, belligerent man. “Will you come in?”

Thornden couldn’t keep himself from nodding slightly. Six months ago, before marriage with Eodwine, Saeryn would have become passionately angry with such treatment. He was convinced that she was no less furious now, but her words were those becoming a noblewoman – steady, polite, stern, and rightfully proud.

The men looked at her, and their expressions were as though they had eaten sour grapes. They did not like being reprimanded, however round about, by a woman. Saeryn’s chin tilted just a hair upward.

They dismounted and one approached her, walking close and looking down. Saeryn did not give an inch.

“We will not banter with a woman concerning our lands and our money,” he said.

“That is well. I will not banter with you. Lord Eodwine’s steward will speak with you.” She turned and nodded her head towards Thornden. “He will stand in Lord Eodwine’s place, and you will be introduced to the King’s will and come to understand how things are. Come in.” She turned and swept by him, her head still held erect. Thornden stepped to the side and let her pass. He stood and waited for all three of the landlords to go in, looking each in the eye as they passed him.