View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 01:37 AM   #351
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Case 2: Wilwa is the Ranger, Hakon is a Wolf
Vice versa. Wilwa, the Ranger, said she cannot protect the Seer toNight. It would make sense for the WWs to attack the Seer, then, and get rid of him. It would mean, though, that Hakon will be exposed as a lying Ranger (though they could still try to outtalk it on the next Day, that he actually could not have protected the Seer, but he was bluffing to try to save him for one, resp. two more Nights). It is also distinctly possible that Wilwa the Ranger would be bluffing and actually protecting the Seer that Night, in that case, it would be a risk of losing the kill, and also helping Wilwa prove her innocence (as people would probably assume it was her who stopped the kill).
Neither we, nor the wolves, can know whether the Ranger is bluffing or not. Whichever way round it is, I'm surprised the wolves didn't try for the Seer, since their Ranger-candidate can always say either, "Hey, I was bluffing" or else, "I guess they thought I was bluffing," depending on circumstances.

Yes, that practically amounts to giving advice to the wolves... but then they should have thought of that themselves. I wonder what it means that they didn't take that option.

Now Roa has brought up some points against me, which I will answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
Now that Nienna is in danger of getting lynched, Nerwen does a 180 and is suddenly unsure of who to vote for, after being on Nienna for two Days, arguing against Brinn in favor of Nienna's guilt, but one post from Inzil, who voted for Nienna himself, changes her mind suddenly?
I didn't "change my mind". I never said I was going to vote for Nienna, or even that I strongly suspected her. I brought up some things about her that I found suspicious, that's all.

Quote:
suggests that we lynch Morsul
What? As the Agent, in case you've forgotten, he counts as an innocent in our numbers vs the wolves.
I know. But lynching any baddie is better than lynching an innocent... and I didn't see enough reason to vote anyone else.

Plus, Brinn, Craydon and Nienna, at least, had expressed doubt as to whether he was really the Agent– and that doubt is something the wolves could use.

Quote:
Her sudden change of heart on Nienna is remarkably suspicious, especially after trying so hard to bring others onto the idea Nienna being a wolf, beginning with suspicion on Day 1.
Again– you exaggerate, Roa. I did not "try so hard" to get convince people to think she was a wolf, and in fact I was taken aback when everyone started voting for her.

Look, give me some credit, will you? What good would it have done a wolf-me to make a throwaway vote then anyway? (Not that I intended it to be throwaway- there were still people left to vote then.)

I knew at the time my vote would bring me under scrutiny toDay– but I just didn't in conscience feel that I could vote for anyone else.

EDIT:fixed bolding; clarification.

Last edited by Nerwen; 10-18-2009 at 01:53 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote