View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 03:01 PM   #305
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Pretty slow toDay, really. No doubt it'll be followed by a frantic hour or two before DL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
"Don't think of the bear right away" might have corresponded with my name coming first on the list, but that might be stretching it too far. But it is possible that his insistence that we not look for the bear right away correlated with the fact that I was the name one saw on his list right away, and that you shouldn't look at me when aiming for evil.

Then again, he might have just been nattering and it didn't mean anything.
If Hakon had meant us to use the order of the names to correlate with the statement about not worrying about the bear, I have to think he would at least have put those two elements in one post, not two. Try as I might, I can't find any significance in those posts of Hakon's that could lead to conclusions about his one dream. Let's take a look at them again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakon View Post
I have arrived at last. I am going to start off by saying DON'T PAY ATTENTION THE BEAR YET. I am going to use names from this previous disagreement that has been mentioned. I thought we could use the bear to our advantage and Rikae got mad at me and then there was a fight and the bear killed me. That bear was Mira. Seer whoever you think Mira would make a bear, dream of that person tonight.
That looks to me as if he was saying 'Let's not argue about the bear helping against the wolves-it's up to the seer to find xim'. The plea to the seer was likely a simple ploy to point the baddies away from him as a seer candiate. Obviously, if that was the case he was unuccessful.

Then, as mentioned, he uses meta-reasoning to say who the bear could be. I edited out the first bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakon View Post
I will do some thinking as to who the bear is and who the wolves are. I will post my suspicions and hope that the seer picks one of those names to dream of. I know the seer won't listen to me alone so I am hoping my suspicions are shared. Now looking at who Mira would pick to be the bear a few names come to mind. Fea, Boro, and Sally.
Again, meta-reasoning. And Bearomir could have seen that and thought it might be better to go after Hakon early, just on the off chance there was something else behind his words. But, as I think others have said, if he had dreamed Fea or Sally and knew one of their roles, why would he have put them in as possible bears?
That's all I really see there. I'm sure we'll be enlightened post-game, but for now we're left to work things out on our own.
I think any attempt to use that to point to one's innocence is a major reach, and I can only see furry intentions behind it, whether one tries to qualify it or not.
Then again, Lari thought there could be something to it, and she obviously was not evil.
Regardless, I'm leaning toward another vote for Fea toDay.