View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 03:19 PM   #2020
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Well, well, well... we seem to have some problems in our hands.

Okay, first things first. Sorry Groin, but you will have to actually edit your post a bit.

For two reasons: first of all lord Athanar would have stopped Lithor's speech very soon, probably already when he started it. Secondly lord Athanar would not have ordered his men to take him out as a martyr: that would be the most stupid thing he could do on that situation (and with his experience he would sure know not to let happen).

You have written a nice post for Lithor making him a much richer character he has been and thence I think we should let that part stay - even if lord Athanar would have stopped him as I said.

But the ending is more problematic and I do suggest you edit it. If things went like you have described them, lord Athanar is not only a fool but an evil fool - and Lithor's move and the fact that Athanar accepted it just like that, without a word - will leave us a situation where there is little good to be done. And with one post you have decided on my character's characteristics a great deal - into a direction I really wouldn't like to take him.

It leaves us to decide how to settle that ending... I'll go back to re-read it and try to come up with suggestions that would fit lord Athanar's profile.

But on a general note, it's great to see roleplaying getting this intense! Hurray to everyone!

Then let's just find a way out to our characters...

And I wish to underline what has been in a way said already, that we really should keep an eye on separating us the writers (and our knowledge of the situation and of each other) from our characters (who are only perceiving things from their POV) - while guiding them forwards.

PS. I only checked the word "treason" from a dictionary while reading the latest posts a while ago... I see now that I wasn't actually meaning that... (I had always thought that "high-treason" was the big one). Well no use crying over spilt milk. I'll just have to use some imagination if lord Athanar will be pressed on that...