View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 01:18 PM   #187
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
In game terms, the false start was a definite advantage for the village, giving them more info and stopping the lynch of an innocent, which in this case led to the lynching of a wolf. That may not always be the case, but it still stopped a lynch that causes the death of an innocent 9 times out of 10 and forced the wolves to change strategy.

Birthday dreamer- not unbalancing at all, considering the damage a regular seer can do to the wolves. You can't really account for one-hit wonders like Lottie.

I've made my feelings on "smart hunters" known before, but for the sake of commentary, I've always disliked them as being untrue to the spirit of the game. Before the invention of the logical hunter (I believe that credit goes to LMP in DWI), hunters had a long proud tradition of killing the seer. There was an edginess to it that you had only one choice, and that choice had better be right. And when used like Shasta did, it has a seer like effect of revealing roles and providing known innocents.

This aside, it doesn't really unbalance the game all that much. I do think that using a logical hunter in conjunction with communicating gifteds does unbalance it, though.

The sacrifice day could have gone either way, potentially ending the game with victory for either side, depending on how it went. Again, you can't account for what plans people might come up with, but it was potentially extremely deadly for the wolves, being as there were only two left. I would suggest using it earlier in the game next time, before it becomes a potential game ender.

All that said, the wolves were disadvantaged this game (though not heavily), and everything that could go wrong for them did. (First lynch is a wolf, the seer's ONE DREAM is a wolf, the hunter kills a wolf...) The only thing that didn't go wrong for them was a successful Ranger block. So their victory is that much more impressive.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote