Thread: Born of hope
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 02:31 AM   #18
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I think I might just as well say that I second basically what Rumil and Lommy have said. And from me (in case somebody didn't know that), saying anything positive about movies means a lot. For a fan movie, it was very good (both as a good job from the people and from the point of view of how many things are usually screwed up when fans make a movie, i.e. terrible uncanonicity or terrible uncanonical character - there was nothing striking like that here and the folk had even relatively normal names - at least compared to "I Have No Imagination son of I Read LotR Once And Wonder What A Ranger's Name Should Be Like").

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumil View Post
I do like the Ring of Barahir being the 'proof' required for orcish termination of Arador/Arathorn (otherwise I guess they could bring back any old finger!). Dol Guldur looming over Southern Mirkwood. Arathorn's infiltration of an orc hold in the Misty Mountains (Goblin Town?). Almost thought that Gollum was going to put in a guest appearence when the underground lake was up. The Troll was pretty well done too and the orcs suitably nasty. Great to see Halbarad, Elrohir and Elladan get a look in.
I also thought exactly the same thing about Gollum. And I must say I was wondering whether they are going to introduce Arador's dying scene (a usual fan-made movie approach would be to make somebody bring the news "your father is dead", of course, to easily avoid making difficult scenes) and if yes, then how well are they going to make it - but the troll was really well done. And all the rest too, like I said.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote