Old 01-14-2010, 10:39 PM   #816
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thumbs up Touche!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
pie pie pie pie bacon pie pie pie pie bacon lembas bread
There was an epic amount of pie! I especially loved the peanut butter pie. And nothing says party like midnight bacon.

Quote:
Harry Potter trivia games ("This is the worst Tolkien convention ever!")
Tooooo true. "What did you do with all your Tolkien-geek friends?" "Well, we went to see the Harry Potter exhibit...."

My favorite "We are so bad at being Tolkienites" moment was on the 3rd, when I was browsing Facebook, saw that it was my cousin's birthday, went to comment on his wall, and then suddenly had this niggling sensation in the back of my mind. Like, Hey doesn't my cousin share a birthday with someone famous? Oh wait.... "Hey guys, isn't it Tolkien's birthday today?" "I dunno, I suppose so." *everyone continues on as before.* (Or something to that effect. )

Quote:
half the number of wolves promised
And a part time Ranger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
Diamond18- Every gathering needs someone who socializes like Di. She didn't talk loads, but could talk about anything, and a couple times I noticed her adding to more than one conversation at once. She hovers, listening, watching, and then pounces, leaping in with an amusing comment. She was consistently funny, and along with Shasta produced the best WW moment of the week.
I lurk.