View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 08:17 PM   #829
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Silmaril

Going through and replying to some--alas, not all!--of the stuff I meant to reply to earlier, though the sleep deprivation and mad dump back into "reality" discouraged it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encaitare View Post
Formendacil kept blowing my mind with his somewhat suggestive sense of humor, which I had not been expecting at all. One of the more hilarious surprises of the trip.
Really? Really, Encai? How long have we chatted online and you did not expect this? I am amused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond18 View Post
Correction: I recognized YOU. Even after Boro introduced himself I didn't know who he was, due to my being deaf from the plane's descent. So there was an awkward few moments of "Yay Michael! Aaaaaand... other dude..." before it registered.
Heh, well... you covered nicely enough at the airport then. And, now that you mention it, I didn't want to bring up that Boro was merely "other dude" to my "first dude."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Form I feel to have spent little time with. I suspect this is due to our conflicting schedules. He naturally gets up, oh, 4 hours before I do! And for someone who claims to naturally be lazy he seemed to be constantly on the move! Actually, to be fair, he was mostly picking people up from airports/stations and doing a very fine job of it. On the odd occasion we got to sit and have a nice chat he was very funny and it was hilarious to watch him reveal his subversive humour to a newcomer who would stare in shock and giggle nervously for a bit. Having spoken to him on MSN this sense of humour didn't surprise me. That said, reading his Annotated Twilight would shock anyone! There is a picture of Glirdan and myself reading it, and I think our expressions say it all! This man has a healthy career ahead of him writing satire if he ever wants to!
See, Encai--Kath picked up my sense of humour from online! She's quite right about the shocking newcomers bit--and there were a delightful number of newcomers about (not all of them, alas, shockable).

As for being naturally lazy, Kath, I most certainly am--I just also didn't sleep super-well on the floor (or even on the bed in the "boys' room")... and there's a certain amount of manipulative sneakiness in getting up first--it means you have a much clearer shot at using the washroom. Besides, as the resident curmudgeon who went to bed first each night, it's only proper that I should have been the first one up--even if it was only a mere 4-5 hours of poorish sleep later.

I assume no one is wondering where the sleep deprivation I've mentioned comes from...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar View Post
Of course, we are all hoping that one of you will drop a hint about that midnight kiss - can we expect another Downs couple sometime?
Really, Esty, as long as there are Downers left untaken, you can probably expect there to eventually be more Downs couples. We're all too entirely taken with each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
Agree with Esty, this is all great vicarious fun, especially the loved-up bits (I do try to have firm faith in the clean-living rep of Downers, but I am beginning to suspect that this fabled New Year turkey was actually spiked with MDMA...)
Any reputation for clean is 90% attributable to Boro and Glirdan. As for the rest of us? "Clean" might not be the best description of our living all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Formendacil- A master at pretending to be serious when being funny, and obviously more skilled than me at falling asleep. The man actually went off to bed with sixteen of us in the next room shrieking our heads off. He seemed to be pretty responsible in general, and if forced to choose I would say Formy would have to be considered the resident "father" of the moot (an appropriate title for him, I would say).
Ah... allow me to reveal to you my dastardly secret: earplugs. Definitely had them for three or four nights.

Also: getting up too early--it makes you pretty tired come nightfall.

And: Big family. You learn to sleep with some noise.

And that seems to be all the posts that I need to catch up on replying to. For the record, I'm still not mentally past Bostonmoot. I'm not sure it's a wise idea to have another one for several years, given how long the emotional recovery seems to take.