View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 01:03 PM   #3499
BHKoga127
Newly Deceased

BHKoga127 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to BHKoga127 Send a message via MSN to BHKoga127
Hey all, BHKoga127 here to bring you all some fresh blood.

So a bit about myself and my history with the rings...hmm...well, I wont lie to you kind people, I'm not the biggest rings fan out there, but I do enjoy the story and Tolkien, plus I have some friends who are die-hard fanatics (they're actually the ones who brought me to this place and "convinced" me to join). I do remember years ago reading The Hobbit and loving it immensely, then realizing I has seen something similar several years prior to that on TV. This lead me to find the animated movies on VHS and watch all of the series on my tiny little bedroom TV. I still own the VHS tapes today and am taking them down to college with me as this new semester gets ready to begin, to share with my aforementioned friends.

Anyway, in more recent years, I tried reading Fellowship for school, but a combination of being forced to read it, the time constraints on me, just landing my first job, and of course an ever increasing love of video games, well...I didn't finish. Actually, I only made it up to wonderful ol' Tom Bombadil, but in retrospect, better to camp out there and be merry while Frodo and the gang risk life an' limb towards Mordor. Hell, if they fail, I'll be relatively safe for a while, now wouldn't I? Well, safer than I'd be elsewhere. Besides that though, I have seen the movies and knowing that books are always better, I do plan on getting to them soon...I hope. College makes finding free time a little difficult, but I'm trying.

Other than all that, I suppose my only other claim to the world of the rings is that I do have one prized possession, my precious if you will, that more or less ensures I will forever be somewhat connected to the lands from the Shire to Mt. Doom. My grandmother gave me, so many years ago that even my mother forgot we had it, a wonderful book, protected in a cardboard sheath, and engraved with a familiar golden symbol of letters. It is a fabulous collection of J.R.R. Tolkien's art works, not just those seen in the books, but even doodles he'd done on random newspapers. I love looking at the images and maps he's drawn, so in respect to that, I hope one day to increase my knowledge of the whole of Middle Earth.

Now. That's more than enough babbling from me. As you may be able to tell already, I talk...a lot! You've now been warned, get me started on a topic I'm interested and be ready for a loooong conversation that will probably stray from random topic to random topic. Anyway, nice to be here, I hope we work well together. *bows*