View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 01:58 AM   #30
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
On a slightly more serious note, however, I am also inclined to believe that at least one Wolf posted pre-Day. On the flip side, however, it could simply have been a lapse in memory (or ability to check time zone differences) and thus the posting began. But as Nerwen said, we can't write them off as innocent just yet either.
I do think so. Either innocent!Formy posted by mistake (and I'd like to see his explaination for that before I consider him innocent) and wolf!RandomPoster saw this as an opportunity to...actually, that kind of falls apart. What would a wolf gain from posing early? Formy is starting to look like the only possible wolf in the bunch, just because he has a potential reason why he might post during the Night - to act like a clueless ordo, as I have said earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirandir View Post
As one of those pre-Day posters, ima go ahead and meagerly offer the excuse that some people don't read the difference between AM and PM *coughhackme* and saw that someone else had posted and assumed it was okay. /excuses
I assume most of the people who followed suit did forget. I still, however, feel uneasy considering you early posters...and I don't know why, because there doesn't seem to be a logical reason for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
It's very unlikely a wolf posted last Night by mistake. One (or more) might, as Lottie suggests, have done it on purpose to look like a clueless ordo. On the other hand, that sort of thing has actually brought people under suspicion in the past, cf. Roa's getting the number of wolves wrong a couple of games back. I'm not sure a wolf would try it this time.

On yet another hand (Hey! Where'd this third arm come from?) it probably wouldn't be a great idea to write off all the Night posters as good guys for that reason either– one tends to come unstuck with meta-reasoning.
I don't think more than one wolf would have posted among such a small group. It was, technically, still Night, so they would have been able to pm and plot mischief...and they wouldn't have lumped so many figurative eggs in one basket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I've only played with Form once before, but it is difficult to see him forgetting about the Night Phase. Then again, it's also hard to see someone like him coming up with such a convoluted plot to appear innocent, if he was a wolf.
Why would Formy not have come up with such a complicated plot? And why is it complicated? Look utterly clueless by forgetting the Night = no Night business = no wolf. Very simple. Very clever. Might have worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Same here. So, from my own perspective, I know it's indeed possible to get confused like that. But as I also said, I'm not willing to make any judgement either way about the rest of you at this stage.

Unfortunately, other than the timing-oddity, the Night–posts seem like typical content-free Day One banter (except for Shasta's, which was practically a confession, if you ask me).
1. It was possible. I know I had a moment of quiet panic, trying to figure out if Day really had started, and several of the Night posters are probably innocent. But I don't think everyone is. And I don't know which is which, although I am leaning towards Formy maybe being evil and Mira and Nerwen maybe being innocent. I have no idea about Steve.

2. Definitely a confession. Maybe he's trying to Nilp himself.