View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 04:09 PM   #906
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sally
Nog. As always, your little “Oh Miss Moddess” PMs brightened my day and never failed to make me either giggle at how ridiculous you were being or gasp at how accurate you were. I was quite upset you got dreamed because you were doing amazingly well. Good job, dear!
Indeed - although I had a queasy feeling about you from Day 1, you managed to appease me much too easily. As far as I could detect, you made just one little slip, but that was quite priceless:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog #459
Or I could have made a fervent defence of Lottie just for the sport of it. That would have been a nice challenge indeed and something worthy of trying. Had I succeeded, that would have been a heroic tale to remember. Thinking of it now, I could actually have tried that.
(in answer to Nerwen's question how you would have played as a wolf; bolding mine.)
Forgot for a moment that the situation was supposed to be hypothetical?
And I've totally got to snuggle you for this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog #447
(Is it just that middle-aged men don't feel so bad about younger women playing nice towards them than when young men do it? )
Quote:
Steve-O. Because I kept calling you that while planning, though I’m not sure why. You poor things had horrid luck and for you to be the last wolf standing had to be tough. But you took it with dignity and managed to have quite the good time. May have had a slip or two but overall a fantastic performance and I’m very glad I had you in the pack.
What she said - I could have sworn you were innocent! Well played!

Quote:
Lottie. Unluckiest. Wolf. Ever. Seriously, though, when Nog and Steve sent in the kill I’m fairly sure they thought you were the seer or something (if I remember incorrectly I’m more than happy to have them set me straight) and I about died of giggles.
You know what, that wolf-spotting knack of yours is getting uncanny! You were spot-on about Eönwë more or less from the beginning - and never mind that going on a crusade to lynch him wasn't exactly what your job description said...

Actually, it's quite funny how in the beginning everybody seemed worried that the new voting system (trust-based instead of suspicion-based) would make it so much easier for the wolves to blend in and go unnoticed, and then they were flushed out and killed off one after another in a few Days, with only one innocent being mislynched! But of course it's not every village that can boast of a set of gifteds like ours... Still, it could be interesting to try something like this more often.
All in all, this game was a lot of fun and had some very nice ideas, such as re-involving the dead in the endgame - as far as I can remember, the only game that has tried something remotely in that direction before was Brinn's pirate game. Well devised, sally, and very well handled!

Quote:
Phantom. Heh. Heh. You know why I’m laughing. Also, nice heckling!
Indeed, I sort of missed your heckling posts later in the game. And I hope you didn't mind me talking back, I thought you could take it.