View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 12:31 AM   #856
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurinquë View Post
It was the best thing ever. Epic, wonderful, magic times!

I had of course already met TheGreatElvenWarrior, but it never (excuse me, rarely) hurts to see her again. Loslote was amazing. TGEW and I were hunting wild signatures for my resolution when I spotted a rather familiar-looking person in a very large and wonderful hat standing several feet away. I think I terrified the Nigerian delegate from China when I started jumping up and down and waving my arm to attract Lottie's attention. I'm sure her first impression of me was a rather strange one.

Unfortunately out time together was severely limited by the constrains of the conference and my odious cold that kept me from attending most of the third day. We badly wanted to make amendments to provide wings for all balrogs but fear of being kicked out of the conference always kept us back. Silly rules! I DID however take up about five minutes of a page's time by demanding a cryptically encoded message be sent to UNCTAD Brazil (aka Loslote). It contained the words 'Downer' and 'Alien' but was COMPLETELY on topic I swear!

When Tabby gave her a second or so to talk Loslote proved to be every bit as wonderful as we predicted her to be. She is a lovely person and waaaay too tolerant of TGEW's and my own insanity. It's great fun being able to make jokes that NO ONE ELSE understands and then laughing hysterically about them. I just wish I posted more on the threads Lottie prowls so we could discuss those too.

We simply MUST meet up more often! The Valley isn't more than an hour's drive away after all.
Ooh, xed. Yes, I was wearing the most ridiculus hat in the history of ever the first time I met TGEW and Lauri. I'd say you weren't the only strange first impression (not that I noticed anything strange).

Haha, yeah, I remember that note! Both times they tried to send me page notes, something went weird. I got Lauri's just when I was thinking that I seriously needed to blow my nose, and TGEW's ended up being given to my teammate by mistake. I got it later, and realized what reference I had missed earlier.