View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 07:15 PM   #40
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
So when one of the Unicorns dies they could potentially come back to life as well?

And what if a wolf is chosen to come back, and comes back as an innocent. Couldn't they reveal all their packmates to the whole village? If so perhaps anyone who dies should come back with the same alignment, but the role could change. Like Bob is the seer!wolf, he dies and comes back when the unicorn dies, Bob goes back to the same wolf pack but is maybe now another role (like perhaps a hunter and an ord are the other ones dead, so Bob could be another hunter!wolf or just a regular wolf (ord!wolf?haha), but for the same pack he was in before he died). That would just make it so a wolf couldn't change alignments and then be able to reveal all their mates, and conversely it would decrease the chance of more wolves being created. But the revived still get a new role no matter what.

Did any of that make sense?

Sorry if I sound nit-picky. I just know a lot of unexpected situations can arise in games with a lot of new and never-before-seen rules, and trying to predict potential problems before hand could save a lot of trouble!
Actually, that does make sense, and it's something I'd never considered before. But...then the village would know, if an evil person comes back, they're still evil. So might have to think more about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
I have to agree with those who say it's unbalanced to the evil side. The innocent have practically no chance of winning, unless we have 5-10 more players. It will be a horrible bloodbath with all the hunters, two packs of wolves and possible lover revenge kills. And if we have 13 players like now, more than half of the village is evil in the beginning and we have no ordos and not even all the special roles can be included!

I suggest at least three out of the four following, preferably all four:
a) removing the cobbler
b) removing the lovers and the anti-lover
c) removing the gifts from the wolves
d) removing the cursed
otherwise it's not going to work, at least by my logic. Sorry to say because it changes the game quite a lot... Or then you really need far far more players. This far there are already 16 special roles, so you would need more than twenty players to make this work, I would even say 25 with all this massacre...

I suggest reconsidering a bit. As a handy hint, make yourselves a demonstration to test the game mechanics: simulate the game and keep a tally. Just roll the dice to see who is lynched each Day and who is chosen by whom each Night. Try out with different starting roles until you find one that looks fair to all parties.
Personally, I wouldn't mind removing the Cursed and Cobbler, and switching the one Hunter!wolf for WereUnicorn, but I'll have to talk to Hakon before I can do anything drastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Hmm. Well perhaps not necessarily getting rid of all the gifted wolves all together. Like 1 wolf pack has a seer!wolf, a hunter!wolf and a normal wolf. Then the other pack has the unicorn!wolf, ranger!wolf and a normal wolf? Too many seers/hunters/rangers can get rather out of hand. Then making the cobbler just a regular cobbler (not enough players though and he may have to go), no cursed at all, and no revenge kill from the lovers (just regular lovers that want to survive, and die together). Then I think that would be far more balanced. I love your Unicorn role, I think that's rather brilliant. What I suggested before about allignments would be the only thing I think you may want to change for that role.

Having 6 wolves certainly will not make it impossible for the village. Sally had a game with 6 wolves (I was one) and we still managed to lose, haha. So that's certainly not the problem. Just too many powers, too many oppurtunities for them to have more allies, and far too much death (yes, that is possible in a WW game, haha).

It's such a brilliant game Lottie, I can tell you guys thought this out a lot. It would be lovely to have everything the way it is, but it could very well result in your game ending far too soon.
Like I said, I'm seriously considering getting rid of the hunters altogether. The Unicorns supposedly keep the game from ending too soon, plus with three Rangers running around, the Nightkills won't be so much of a problem.