View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 09:57 AM   #1615
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Finding this posted in "Yahoo Answers":

Quote:
What can I do about my misery?
I am a sick man. ... I am a spiteful man. I am an unattractive man. I believe my liver is diseased. However, I know nothing at all about my disease, and do not know for certain what ails me. I don't consult a doctor for it, and never have, though I have a respect for medicine and doctors. Besides, I am extremely superstitious, sufficiently so to respect medicine, anyway (I am well-educated enough not to be superstitious, but I am superstitious). No, I refuse to consult a doctor from spite. That you probably will not understand. Well, I understand it, though. Of course, I can't explain who it is precisely that I am mortifying in this case by my spite: I am perfectly well aware that I cannot "pay out" the doctors by not consulting them; I know better than anyone that by all this I am only injuring myself and no one else. But still, if I don't consult a doctor it is from spite.
And four people earnestly advised him to seek medical help.

Quote:
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

It sounds to me that while you have not been diagnosed, you may have some sort of psychological or mood imbalance. It is nothing to be ashamed of and it is extremely treatable!!!
The first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem, and you just did!!!
congratulations!!!
Having paranoid thoughts, being spiteful, having conflicting ideas/hypocrisy, low self esteem/feelings of worthlessness, negative/neurotic thoughts without purpose, self destruction.

From your writing, I get the impression that you can be quite impulsive at times.

While I am not a doctor, I know quite a lot about mental instabilities.

And I know first hand, that it can be extremely tortuous for you and everyone close to you to live with. (so by not taking care of yourself, you are in fact injuring them as well)

I really advise you to put your spitefulness aside and seek medical attention!

It will change your life for the better! Happiness is possible!!
You deserve it! No one should have to be miserable!

You need to take this leap and get better! If you feel too guilty about doing it for yourself, think of your loved ones!!

I wish you the best of luck!
Ah, nothing like a good pretentious literary leg-pull, is there?