View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 12:18 PM   #43
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
A little bit awkward too at the beginning, when Agan (the one I'd had the least interaction with on the Downs) called me and I discovered my spoken English had got a bit rusty and I was somewhat at a loss what to talk about (except Werewolf)
Haha actually it was you who called me (I just added you on my contact list). But yeah I know Skype can be a bit confusing at first (it took me a while to learn to master it, and I still keep having problems with it although they are rather due to the fact that I have Linux).
And I didn't even notice that your English was supposed to be rusty.

Quote:
And for the record, if I were the Witch-King and Agan told me to "Begone, foul dwimmerlaik!", it would definitely give me pause...
*likes* Thanks!
I've never thought of my voice as anything special, but a while ago somebody told me that if he ever made a Silmarillion movie/play/musical/whatever, he'd have me do Ungoliant's voice... I can't deny that comments like these stroke my ego.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar View Post
I, for one, would be interested in joining in - "though I do not know the way" - if someone explains the technical aspects to me in small, understandable steps.
You need Skype, a microphone, and Downers on your contact list. Despite everything I've said earlier in this post, Skype is relatively easy to use, but if you need assistance, I'll be happy to help you as best I can.

Anyway, more than one person has said that we should do this again. How about making it a regular event? As long as there is interest, we could have a reading session, say, once or twice a month (something like each month's first Friday, or whenever people have time). Opinions?