View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 02:24 AM   #1096
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Uh-huh, guys, how come you have ever let that happen! Completely ignoring Shasta?

That said, congratulations to him! Splendidly done. Although I have to confess that even after my death I was still cheering more for the village to win, because I felt more like a villager than a Wolf. And I was not really very pleased with the idea of being a Cursed in the first place - I just think it unfair, not in the sense of disbalance or anything, but in the sense of being unfair towards the person. This far, I saw the Cursed only as a role possibly making things very confusing for the villagers, but after having a personal experience with it, I am never going to have a Cursed in my game. And I will likely avoid playing in ones which have that role.

It was a lovely game basically until that moment - I must say I was originally very, very frustrated, because I suddenly lost all motivation for the game. I *knew* Brinn and Agan (and Lommy and Lottie) were innocent, so the only person I could suspect with "clean conscience" was Nerwen and my previous strongest suspect, Shasta! (Not too strong, but the last remaining of the "possibly suspicious" people and with incredibly suspicious voting record. Honestly, at that point I did not believe he can make it either.) I could not really make my mind switch into the "Wolf-mode" overnight and I was really thinking of quitting at some point, but I felt the sense of duty - not just to the Wolves but also to the village, as to not make the Wolves say "well, it was unfair that the village won, as we should have had the Cursed with us, but he quit".

That said, Shasta probably did the best thing he could by attacking me. Had I been around, innocent and alive, he would be still on my list and at the least he could not slip by just completely unnoticed.

But yea, in the end, it was fun while it lasted. I even accepted the Cursed role sometime during the mid-second Day of my Wolvery. Not that it lasted long. But really, I don't understand how somebody could like getting that role.

In general, however, I must say the village did remarkably well - until certain point. And, oh woe, we should have had Greenie telling us her dreams. But I think the Gifteds did quite a good job in general to keep a low profile (myself, I have suspected skip to be a Ranger and also Lommy to be the Unicorn - which is what I told Shasta, and it turned out to be correct! - but it was rather hunches from me, no particular evidence. So at least as for killing skip, that was one part of what it's been based on). That said, Wolves, how was it with Greenie's death? Did you folks think she's the Seer and dreamed of Nog? Or was it just because of the threat to Nog? Or how was it?

And one last interesting experience, which I had thanks to the fact of being a Cursed but after my death still cheering for the village - I was reading the thread and how people try to analyse my Wolf-behavior and thinking all the time "read this! Read this! That was SO stupid move from me, SO transparent, pick on that! It's obviously fake!" Well, if nothing else, then that was an interesting - and rather unusual - experience of being the Cursed.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote