View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 10:38 PM   #1724
Laurinquë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Laurinquë has been trapped in the Barrow!
This afternoon I decided to take a nap. This is unusual because I had just got up from eleven hours of sleep about four hours previously. I blame too much sleep for the events that 'happened' later.

In my dream I was on the computer. And naturally, being on the computer, I went on the Barrow-Downs. BUT in my dream the BD had gone through a massive renovation. My User CP contained a list of 'reviews' about my posts; the latest one being from Aganzir. It read a lot like a snippet from a book review, made me sound like a great author. Thank you Agan!

There were a number of other changes as well, I remember freaking out because all the threads had been reassigned to different areas and I could not find them. And then there were all these new members with weird and wacky avatars. It was like I had been asleep for many years and had gone on the Barrow-Downs of the future. Avvies were bigger and the whole style of the place was different. And did I mention it was changing as I watched? It was. It started out looking as it does now, all black and green. But then it started looking more and more like Facebook--a black and pink Facebook with lots of dead people. Few of my old acquaintances were there and I was all alone with people I didn't know and inside jokes I had never heard.

What does this say about me? Nothing good I imagine. It rather reminds me of Brinniel's post. Barrow-Downs angst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel
I've been crunched down with schoolwork. I spend long hours at labs (I'm at one now and obviously not being productive), all-nighters writing papers, long days at classes and work...I often don't get home until after 9 or 10. I have a short time to eat, catch up online, finally relax...and then sleep (which I only get 3-4 hours of typically). Needless to say, I have absolutely no time whatsoever to chat with BDers, and barely any to talk with people on Facebook. Meanwhile, everyone else is chatting with everyone, keeping strong connections, particularly those made this winter. I observe, but can't partake. After all these months of barely talking to BDers, I'm afraid I've lost these connections I've made, and at worst, friendships. My own fault for not trying harder, but nevertheless it's frustrating. The good news is that I'll be forever done with school in two and half weeks which means free time again. I only hope it's not too late for these lost connections to be remade.

Wow, I probably just depressed everyone (sorry). Though it's really strange how dreams can reflect your RL conflicts...and I just had to mention that.
Just to let you know Brinn, this sounds like my life. I don't think that everyone has been having a good a time as you think they have. Things always sound better when you weren't actually there. I'm really sorry that you are having to go through this. At least you did get to go to Bostonmoot at all. Us Alaskan/Finnish/everyone else Downers did not. You will be able to renew any 'lost' connections you made when you have some more time on your hands. Good luck with school.
Laurinquë is offline   Reply With Quote