View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 09:37 AM   #483
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Nice stories!

I just realised I had never posted here (according to the site itself)!

It's quite random actually.

Years ago my daughter (Thinlómien) told me to check this forum and I immediately thought it looked great and I felt I wished to comment on a thread but the forum required creating an account to do that. So as I saw that people seemed to have Tolkien inspired nicks I thought that was the general way of doing it here. I picked my copy of the Silmarillion and started going through the Index to find something that was not too obvious and sounded nice. And then there was Nogrod. I thought immediately that was fine as I kind of like dwarves and it sounded northern/eastern. I could never have thought of taking an elvish or hobbittish nick... or anything from the LotR.

As I started to get around the place I must admit I was a bit frustrated with my nick... I mean after meeting people like littlemanpoet, The Saucepan Man, theguywhobeshort... just great nicks! Why hadn't I thought of something along those lines?

But yes, with years passing I have grown used to Nogrod, it's like a second skin now.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote