View Single Post
Old 07-05-2003, 07:30 PM   #39
Kates Frodo Temp
Wight

Kates Frodo Temp has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

It's hard to say what any of us would do, since we really don't have to face anything near those situations!

I'm one of the lucky few who is actually battle tested. I'm 14, 5'3", and weigh 120. My guy cousin is 16, 6'6", and must weigh near 200. We love to make our own weapons and have mock battles!

We really knock each other around with those wooden swords! Mostly, we hit just hard enough that you don't want it to happen again. Minor cuts and bruises are always the result, with both parties appologising profusely while getting ready for another go.

I know from experience that when I'm in "combat" my mind plays no part! It's all reflex; I can't even see. Definitely not afraid.

Of course, the fear is mostly eliminated in that type of situation. I mean, we're talking about my cousin, even if he is a hulk.

I'm terrified of tight spaces (yes there's a name for that, but I can't spell it right now.) Dark doesn't bother me, though. Spiders are no problem, but Shelob would probably give me the creeps.

Honestly, though, these guys weren't thinking about themselves (except for Pippin [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]) When there was time to be afraid, it would certainly be for your family, or Frodo, or the world that you were trying to save!

Sign my lighter, Meela?
Kates Frodo Temp is offline   Reply With Quote