View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 05:47 PM   #1729
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye as usual, a weird one...

While resting this afternoon I had an interesting dream involving the Finn's trip.

I was in some sort of giant room filled with maps, and on the central map on the table I was watching a glowing dot snaking its way across the country (it was the Finns). I was surprised because the route they were taking back east was more northerly than I expected. On one hand I was happy as I realized they would be coming back to Omaha, but on the other hand I knew they were wishing to go through Texas to New Orleans and I wondered why they were off course.

My phone rang and it was Nog, and he explained to me that all their maps were stolen, their GPS was broken, and no one in that area could help them get back on the right road because no one understood Finnish. But just after he said that, I heard him exclaim, "Boro!" and then he said, "No worries, Boromir happened to be passing this way and he can help us out."

I continued to watch their travel path on the map, and now it was headed south through Colorado, heading for Texas. "All right. Back on track now," I thought. But then a PM from Nog popped up on my screen which read, "No phone service any more, but Boro helped us out. He said many great things about going to South Bend to see Notre Dame, so that's where we are headed."

I PMed back quickly saying, "Um, just where do you think Notre Dame is?" seeing as they were going the wrong direction. He PMed back, "Boro said it was in Idaho, which according to his map is just a few more hours south of here."

There were so many things wrong going on that I wasn't sure where to begin, but I decided that perhaps I would just say nothing, seeing as they were in fact back on the course they had originally intended to take. So, I PMed, "Well done. I'll meet you in South Bend," and prepared to leave for my cousin's house in Austin, Texas, with the intention of intercepting Nog and friends when they arrived there looking for Notre Dame.

But just before I left I stopped and wondered, "What if, after I leave, Greenie PMs to consult on the route?" (we had discussed this previously), and in answer to my question a PM from Greenie popped up on the screen- "I can't PM you- I'm asleep."

Relieved, I hopped in my vehicle and set out for Texas (aka Idaho, aka South Bend).

That is all.