View Single Post
Old 10-26-2002, 03:36 PM   #1
Anastasia
Haunting Spirit

Anastasia has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Anastasia
White-Hand What's the deal with the silmarillion?

I mean, seriously. Call me a bad fan if you will, but I just can't seem to understand at all! (This isn't helped by the fact that I broke off in July and started from that place yesterday). When I think I just about understand, Some new terminology appears that I have to look up in the index (which gets me even more confused). I accidentaly turn to the appendix and I get stuck! The appendix is one of the most interesting things I've ever seen! So I read it and read it and guess what...I forget what was going on! So, I have to re-read the whole chapter, going all the way to the beginning again.

So, could some kind, generous soul pleeeeeze give me a rough outline of whats happened so far (I'm on the bit whan Feanor has just returned after the long bit about Melian and how she fought orcs and stuff)...
Please?
Anyone?
[img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

P.S. I also think that Feanor is the most annoying person ever, which doesnt exactly help my concentration.

P.P.S. Please don't think that I am too young/too un-advanced etc. to read Silm. I am, its just....