View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 03:59 PM   #11
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Two more:

Maybe this werewolf rules thread should be merged with Saucepan's werewolf sticky. Having two werewolf-related sticky threads on top might make the mirth forum too ww-centric.

While there have been many great non-Tolkien-related games, I'm a bit sad that this has become the norm almost. This is a Tolkien-forum where werewolf is played, after all, and not a werewolf-forum that has some Tolkien discussions. How do people think about a rule to encourage Tolkien-themed games in the future, such as "if you're modding your first game, it has to have a Tolkien-related theme"?

I hope I don't look too conservative now.
Thank you Mac, I was planning on merging with SpM's thread and having his post be the second I guess.

As far as the Tolkien theme I'm glad you brought that up. I think we should stay a bit truer than we have to that. I think we do a bit of injustice when we stray too far from it. That is a general rule of the forum that has been VERY lax here and I know some admins have frowned upon greatly in the past so I know it would help if we just keep it closer to the original core. There are of course variants that can and have been done that are still very Tolkien related.