View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 10:16 AM   #42
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Phantom - good to see someone else sees why it doesn't work to have players switching allegiances. You explained it very well, I think.
The problem is that this is a rule which can't really be enforced and is open to interpretation (but then, so is the meta-reasoning rule). Both are sort of what I would consider matters of good form vs. bad form; I disapprove of meta reasoning and that sort of "switching sides", but I'm not sure whether or not it merits an actual rule.
Anyway, I don't want to dominate this process too much. Some veteran (more so than I) players have expressed concerns about having rules, and the last thing I want to do is participate in forcing rules on people who don't want them. I was thinking primarily of getting newbies up to speed, not cramping people's style... I think I'd better back off, since I have the uncomfortable feeling that I may have caused the problem in the first place by complaining about Paranoia's modding. If most here feel things were going fine and there is no need for rules, they shouldn't have to have them.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote