View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 04:50 PM   #118
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Here's what he said initially.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
One thing I am quite certain of is phantom will come up with a plan that will best achieve victory for whoever he's allied with, be it wolves, lover, or the great Zeus.

If he be allied with the wolves, we will all object to his plan because we don't want to admit it's a good plan, and proceed to lynch one of the seers.

If he be allied with a lover, we will all object to his plan, because we don't want to admit it's a good plan, and proceed to lynch one of the seers.

If he be allied with the almighty Zeus, we will all object to his plan....oh you get the idea.
Then Wilwa goes like this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilwa
I'm not all too certain why you've seperated Zeus from the other Lovers. If the other two Lovers find each other they will be no different from the Zeus/Hera pairing. Unless I'm missing something.
Eonwë commented:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eonwë
I think he meant that in that case the pantom would be on the "good" side as opposed to being Hera. Then again, we're the Olympians- there is no good or evil, only us. But you're right. Zeus would rather have Hera live than the rest of us, even she is on the opposite side.
And Wilwa answered:
Quote:
Well he did say 'allied with the almighty Zeus', so he must have been meaning Phantom as Hera. I just don't get why he seperated them from the other Lovers.
Then it's Rikae:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
I think Boro didn't mean "Zeus" in the sense of the role. Either that, or he's hinting at something.
Then Wilwa again:
Quote:
And I hadn't considered that when Boro said 'allied with Zeus' that he meant 'the village'. I suppose that all makes more sense now.
Mac comes to it after some silence on the subject:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Wilwa's remark on Boro's "almighty Zeus" is a good one. It doesn't make sense, but it's definitely deliberate and not a slip. My bet would be a lover leaving a hint for their mate, except that that doesn't really make sense either.
Eonwë once again is at it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eonwë
Looking back on it, I see what you mean. He mentions "great Zeus" and then "almighty Zeus", so there probably is some hidden meaning.
Greenie mentions Boro in a long list of people confusing her:
Quote:
Boro - Is confusing me to no end. His great Zeus left me quite baffled, as all the reasons I can think of for him saying that make no sense whatsoever.
Now there are a few things that bother me. Firstly it looks like totally odd as Zeus and Hera actually know each other already and thence there would be no reason for either of them trying to make contact - or anyone else to try and make contact with Zeus for that matter (as there being someone who could really benefit getting Zeus' notice, or how that kind of hinting would help revealing her/his role to him) - and all hinting of one's own personality I think was stirctly banned in the rules (and I can't see the benefit Zeus would have to reveal himself as Zeus, on D1 at least). So a hoaks? Much ado about nothing? Well, secondly it looks like those things wolves love to jump on: when they have no real suspicions themselves - because all they should suspect are innocents - they like to cling on scenarios some others suggest or that stand out in any possible way. Looking at the number of comments where Boro's wordings were deemed suspicious or noteworthy of a raised eyebrow I'd bet there are wolves involved.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote