View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 07:42 AM   #104
xMellrynxMaidenx
Wight

xMellrynxMaidenx has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to xMellrynxMaidenx Send a message via MSN to xMellrynxMaidenx Send a message via Yahoo to xMellrynxMaidenx Send a message via Skype™ to xMellrynxMaidenx
Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel View Post
You know, I've always wondered how all elves manage to carry a HARP wherever they go...along with all their bows and swords and mail and all the rest O.O

During my second read of Return of the Noldor I took a closer look at the bit with Maedhros and Fingon and said, "Wait a minute! Why in God's name would someone carry a musical instrument on a rescue mission?"
I'm glad I wasn't the only one to think the same.

But it does make you wonder though, right? I mean, to get off topic somewhat, you even saw the flute boy and drummer boy marching in the front during the Revolutionary times...how did they manage to survive?!

And thus, I came to the conclusion that this is what happens when elves become bored on life threatening missions in general. they take harps and what have you along with them to...lift their spirits up and keep them motivated.
~|And all will turn, to silver glass. A light on the water, Grey ships pass, Into the West. |~ "Few now remember them...yet still some go wandering, sons of forgotten kings walking in loneliness, guarding from evil things folks that are heedless."
xMellrynxMaidenx is offline   Reply With Quote