View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 05:08 AM   #84
Galadriel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Galadriel has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMellrynxMaidenx View Post
I know! I live in an area with trees surrounding me, so the first time I read it I was like.. "there's no way in heck I'm going out there to be attacked by a tree.." My parents thought I had gone off my rocker.

Haha, she's still a favorite character though, don't get me wrong, she just has a tendency to scare the ever living out of me!

Well, correct me if I'm wrong since It's been a WHILE since I've picked up a book, but I suppose they don't count Gildor because he's from the house of Finrod and that's what they associate him with, even though Finrod is a descendant of Finwë, I would say it has more to do with distance in the bloodline I.E. like distant cousins and what not...if that makes sense. And...and *sniffs* I really like Gildor too. I suppose I've always been different though, even if he is distant in the bloodline of Finwë, he still is a descendant and would belong to that house, wouldn't he?
You are so lucky. I was raised in a cramped and dirty (not to mention unsafe) city, and I positively would give anything to be out there in a countryside or in the hills. I can't wait to get out of here (one...year...till I go to college!).

Oh relax, I was joking.

Yeah, I agree. And I love Gildor too. I actually thought he would end up being a main character (I mistook him for Legolas lol. Probably because the Bakshi film confused me). Sad he turned out to be like Bombadil. Terribly lovable, hugely entertaining, but no solid role