View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 08:14 AM   #99
narfforc
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

narfforc has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBrooke View Post
There are a couple of things currently worring me about this movie:

A.) Who in the world is Itaril and why is she currently top billed on IMDB? Is she going to be the token female character that movie seem to have to have these days? Apparently she's part of the King's guard and if she turns into a love interest for Legolas I am going to walk out of the Theater.
I think I agree with you on that one, however one only needs to read Lurtz for Itaril, it is Jackson and Bowens ego that they can somehow make Tolkiens story better, and like I have always said 'It's not what they leave out, it's what they put in that annoys the hell out of me'. Why invent something that is not there, when there is plenty there in the first place. I have many misgivings over these films, if Bard has not been cast... it is not beyond imagining that they will fuse the character to that of Beorn (I hope I'm wrong), their excuse ...... the public will be confused because of the similarity of the names. We suddenley have The Hobbit There or Thereabouts and The Quest of Errorbore released by OneWrong. com. I really do hope I'm wrong, I watched all the LOtR's Films at the cinema and for the most part enjoyed them, however with each one they took more and more liberties. I have three copies of each film, and I still watch them........................ I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they keep faith with the story Tolkien wrote and not what they think the public should watch.

Last edited by narfforc; 01-16-2011 at 08:20 AM.
narfforc is offline   Reply With Quote