View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 09:36 AM   #577
elronds_daughter
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elronds_daughter has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
...too "oh I am too innocent and ordinary to have to worry about the technicalities".
I agree with you on this.

And Ang, your tome was one of the easier ones to read through. I found it helpful.

Not much for opening thoughts, I know.... I'm not sure how "okay" I am with the double-lynch. Glad the Lommy-enigma (she always is, to me) is gone, yes. But Nessa? I'm not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
I disapprove of his ironclad set of instructions to the dead. We all need absolute flexibility to adapt to new situations, not further rules in a heavily ruled game...

Mith's amendment was therefore helpful as far is went, but it only diluted what I think is innately a bad idea. (I was uneasy too with the number of people who loudly OKed it; the expressive enthusiastic support of a detail; like constitutional reform supporters in other political struggles, they seemed technical, weird and playing a long game...)
I'm not sure what you mean here. Or rather, I'm not sure why devising a (very simple) system for communicating with the Dead concerns you. We can't count on the Lovers or Glorfy (that would just be bad sense tactically), so it makes sense that we ought to have a method of communication. And I don't see how it's "ironclad". We can always change it, if change is agreed upon. Or if it seems like the extra-vote-getters are not going to vote well. It's not a rule, just a system.

Upon consideration, I think I understand why it seems immovable to you. We need to be decisive, otherwise the Dead might get mixed messages. And we don't want that. So Boro and phantom (who is still fishy to me, but is not without his contributions) are being decisive.

But, done is done, on to a new day, etc., etc., and we need to catch a wolf. So.

Opinions:
Well, obviously the Lovers are okay.
I'm not sure what to make of Mith.
It strikes me that Lottie has often come across as "oh, dear, did I do something?" while still being innocent. So.....well, I'll investigate.
phantom is still iffy, but I'm still not ready to lynch him yet.
Boro seems innocenter and innocenter to me.
Not sure about the rest.

Oh, lastly - Yay, Glorfy!