View Single Post
Old 03-15-2001, 03:37 PM   #33
Samwise of the shire
Wight

Samwise of the shire has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Animated Skeleton
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
Re:Whoooooaaaaaaaaa

Hannah,you must not've read the Return of the king straight.What does Merry do when he goes over to the dieing Theoden in &quot;The battle of the Pellenor fields&quot;?He asks forgivness,for DISOBEYING Theoden's command not to go into battle,he ADMITS that he did something wrong.And what does Frodo do in the Cirith Ungol tower after he accuses Sam of theft?He asks FORGIVENESS from his servant,showing he admits he was in the wrong,and that he needs it from even his servant.Make sense?HP would'nt do that if he snapped at Colin,or if he disobeyed Lupin.And as for someone lying in LOTR Pippin could've said that Merry dropped the pepple down the well in Moria or Sam could've said &quot;I just came by and I just got to the window,I did'nt hear anything&quot;or Pippin could've said&quot;the stone rolled from under your head Gandalf and it came undone and I could'nt take my eyes away&quot;.See LOTR charecters are only human and can lie and disobey but at least they ADMIT it.Unlike HP.And I would'nt want a hero that lied and then did'nt admit it.Understand now?And Zoe your right but there is so much more I'm trying to get at-hopefully the above explained,a bit-.
still somewhat ticked
Samwise Gamgee
PS.Hannah how old are you?You should try the sil.

</p>
Samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote