View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 03:45 PM   #827
xMellrynxMaidenx
Wight

xMellrynxMaidenx has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to xMellrynxMaidenx Send a message via MSN to xMellrynxMaidenx Send a message via Yahoo to xMellrynxMaidenx Send a message via Skype™ to xMellrynxMaidenx
Aeron nodded her head in agreement, glancing down at the counter top for a short moment, thinking of what Arandon had just said. In the first few summers of her life as a Ranger, Aeron learned quickly just how solitary a Ranger's life was, and how dangerous it could get. She found herself unconsciously massaging her upper arm nearest to the elder ranger; remembering the barbed arrow that pierced her flesh. The scar left now served her as a painful reminder of the first solo task appointed to her.

The young woman squeezed her shoulder in an attempt to brush off her previous action, after realizing what she was doing, and of how silent she had grown.

"'He may not be able to speak the same tongue as we, but he'll listen to you when the silence becomes maddening.'" She glanced back up at Arandon, "it's something my father once told me, about my companion Aergolas. Though it isn't the same as human companionship, it helps still to ward off the engulfing silence." Aeron had yet to travel on a task without the company of her equine friend.