View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 02:31 PM   #20
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewM View Post
Middle-earth is much deeper and meaningful than any non-believer could understand.
Hehe... too true.

Before I came to these wonderful Downs I had to be a fan "by myself", because only one person who I knew has read LOTR (or any other Tolkien books), and he didn't like to discuss it. NO ONE at my school even knew who Tolkien was! And even when I explained, they wouldn't get it for like 5 minutes. And then they'd roll their eyes and say something like "why don't you get facebook instead?" or "why don't you watch this reality show this evening instead of reading?". And one of my friends sometimes makes references to Tolkien like "the person who wrote the books that you always read".

So yeah. My Tolkien obsession is pretty much ignored by the majority of people. And the rest either disapprove or are too exasperated to say anything serious about it.