View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 12:35 PM   #3637
Erurin
Newly Deceased

Erurin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Mae Govannen, mellonar!
(Okay, bad attempt at saying "Well met, friends" in Elvish.

I am a big-time Tolkien Fan! I started reading The Hobbit in 6th grade and read the Lord of the Rings in Junior High. I was immediately absorbed into the depth and legend of the books and HAD to read the Silmarilion.
A WHOLE NEW WORLD EXPLODED BEFORE ME! The Creation of Arda, the Exile of the Noldor, the Fate of Men, the Treachery of Melkor, the Charn i Hin Hurin, and the Akellebeth sucked me into their adventure and history. I am still hooked on Tolkien and do not believe I shall ever grow tired of it.
After reading the actual books I read biographies on Tolkien and actually started to read the Lost Roads; but the old versions started to ruin my belief in Middle-earth and I abandoned the Road. However, I have recently obtained The Unfinished Tales and Robert Foster's Complete Guide to Tolkien's Middle-Earth- both books I highly recomend (Unfinished Tales mostly for the complete story of Tuor's Coming to Gondolin and the lost Race of Tolkien's Drugs [pronounced "Droog;" I can't put the accent mark over the U]).
One of the things I like to do is translate peoples names into Elvish. If someone finds out what their name means, I can translate it for them (modifying the meaning a little- my real name means "The LORD remembers" so I made my name mean "Remembrance of Eru [Illuvatar]").
So, yeah, that is me!
*Erurin is my made up Elf that is Noldorin and is a survivor of the Fall of Gondolin and lives in Lothlorien- just in case anyone wonders (which they most likely don't)
Namarie!