View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 03:57 PM   #248
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Back at the inn, Coldan lost no time waiting for Brinn to send for him but, having decided he had better get that talk done with, rather went to seek her out himself. He was pleasantly surprised to find her in the common room - a Brinn who was regaining her mobility thanks to Amdír's crutches might be a little more lenient and agreeable to deal with than a Brinn who was frustrated by being helplessly pent up in her wagon while her troupe ran amuck.

Moving on her crutches almost without need of support, she led him to the cart which had been her domicile and sickbed for the last two days. Once they were private, he thought it best to take the initiative and began to talk while Brinn was still lowering herself gingerly onto a chair.

"I - I suppose you vant to talk to me about vat happened in ze common room last night - and maybe other zings zat happened before zat, if Asta has spoken to you." Now he had begun it, explaining his behaviour was even harder than he had imagined it would be. "Rollan vill probably hev told you zat I asked him for advice on how to voo your sister yesterday. I vant you to know zat nothing of vat followed vas his fault. Ze only one to blame is myself."

He drew a deep breath and steeled himself for the reproach that would doubtlessly come. "I'm sorry to hev caused such an upheaval in ze company at a time ven ve all need to work together and can't really afford to quarrel. You don't deserve zat from me. I'll pull myself together from now on and von't let my feelings interfere viz ze play any more, zat's a promise."