View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 04:13 PM   #4
blantyr
Wight

blantyr is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
aiea, I suggest going to "advanced search" and limiting the search to "titles only". That will give you threads that are more relevant.

As Selmo already said, when Sam put on the Ring the Battle of Pelennor was in effect. Even if Sauron felt something, it wasn't something strong, and he'd concentrate more on his army. He believed that his enemie would use the Ring against him, so he didn't even think it could be this close to him.

I think the Nazgul were too far away physically to feel anything.

What still makes me very curious is the difference between Frodo and Sam when it comes to putting on the Ring. On Amon Hen Sauron almost finds Frodo simply bcause he put on the Ring, but he doesn't try to find Sam in Mordor. The Witch-king feels the presense of the Ring near Minas Morgul, but the Nazgul that flew over Frodo and Sam numerous times did not.

Possibly it's that Frodo's will was bending to the Ring both when he was at Amon Hen and when he was near Minas Morgul. Sam rejected the temptation immediately. His simplicity saved him.

I believe range is important. The Witch King near Minas Morgul was really close to Frodo.

Also, Frodo on Amon Hen was mixing the power of the Ring and the Hill of Sight to look upon the Dark Tower. That might well draw attention. If Frodo on Amon Hen had not looked towards the Dark Tower, or if Sam had tried looking through the murk and smoke, it might or might not have been different.
blantyr is offline   Reply With Quote