View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 04:22 PM   #5
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blantyr View Post
Also, Frodo on Amon Hen was mixing the power of the Ring and the Hill of Sight to look upon the Dark Tower. That might well draw attention. If Frodo on Amon Hen had not looked towards the Dark Tower, or if Sam had tried looking through the murk and smoke, it might or might not have been different.
Firstly, I don't think the Ring has any power over sight except for to muddle it. Sam coudn't have "tried looking through the murk and smoke", simply because loss of sight is one of the Ring's side-effects.

Also, I don't think that Frodo was really trying to use the power of Amon Hen. He just looked without particularly knowing what he's trying to see. However, I agree that looking at Barad Dur had the effect of drawing Sauron's attention.

Very peculiar.