View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 11:48 PM   #372
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhuna
My brain hasn't shaken off sleep sufficiently to make any sense out of sally's narration,
Frodo's definitely been bitten, but I think the rest is just colour.

(You know, by an interesting co-incidence, a diminutive, (very) curly-haired relative of mine was recently bitten by a spider. Made him quite unwell, too. Spooky, no? )

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
The biggest problem with Nerwen and Lhuna claiming I was trying to draw out Sam is that it made no sense at all given that Shelob already knows who Sam is after Night 2.
There was no hint of this in the narration, so either you do *ahem* know something, or it's just a guess. Now you say it's the latter, and that you're basing it on something "Sam" said– but that too ought to be a guess. Either way you can't expect everyone else to reach the same conclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
Or if you wish to make the argument that Shelob didn't attack Sam Night 2, but instead was stopped by a Sam protection, the argument still makes no sense as no one at any point was suggesting Sam admit who his protection was, but rather his cure target.
Phantom, I can't speak for Lhuna, but for my part I was thinking like this: gifteds don't have to give themselves away completely– it can be enough that their manner isn't quite "right" when talking about their role. Or that they're forced to single themselves out in some way– what if everyone except Sam said, "yeah, sure, I'd have cured Lhuna"? This is pretty basic stuff, phantom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
My brain hasn't shaken off sleep sufficiently to make any sense out of sally's narration, but I thought I'd just get this out of the way.

Nogrod, I goofed typing Doctor instead of Sam. I overlooked it, in the same manner that you overlooked it too and didn't notice it until much later. (I wouldn't have noticed my mistake if you didn't point it out.)

Now I'm saying this because it appears to me that the whole reasoning for your vote against me yesterDay was hinged on that mistake (and is on my list of things to try to make sense out of toDay). And that was after you've practically decided not to consider me for lynching. I've seen this Nogrod before, the one with crazy theories based on flimsy reasoning popping up out of the blue, and he was never up to any good. For that, I'm going to look at you extra closely toDay.
I might too– that did look like a bit of a reach.