View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 07:44 PM   #21
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Interesting thread!

I think that the Conspiracy should be given some more praise. Pippin and Merry especially - even after the conspiracy business, in Rivendell, knowing what they are facing, they refuse to leave Frodo.

Another great accomplishment, that may be considered a semi-failure, but is great nonetheles, is the awakening of Smeagol in Gollum. Frodo brings out the last good in him when all others fail. It was not his fault that in the end Gollum himself decided to turn to his old ways.

I think Rosie is a great person because she waited a long time for Sam and never lost hope.

Pippin looking into the Palantir deserves to be higher on the list. He resisted Sauron - SAURON - with all his might, for as long as he could.

I think Farmer Cotton should also be on the list, for calmly and bravely facing the Ruffians and Shirrifs during the rebellion, and for quietly but firmly breaking the Rules before the rebellion.

What about Maggot and the Gaffer? They were both questioned by a Nazgul, and unlike Harry in Bree they were quite courageous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce
Reviewing the list, it seems that I tend to favour courageous acts on the part of Hobbits.
Hm. I seem to favour the subtle ones more, courageous or not.

PS: I think Sam deserves to be reeeeally high on the list for all those times when he was torn apart, and chose to stick with Frodo. And for just always being there for him. He almost drowned for Frodo!