View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 07:14 PM   #228
Bofur
Newly Deceased

Bofur has just left Hobbiton.
The worst thing about the dwarves thus far:

1) Thorin's lack of a mighty beard, instead he gets a nice trimmed up goatee. They are trying to give him the same bearing as Aragorn, this is obvious, but it just shouldn't be done. He's not exactly that kind of character. Instead, he looks more like a man from Dunland.

2) Bifur's head. Is that really an axe bit stuck in it? Seriously? I hope that it's a joke.

3) Kili looks entirely too much like an Elf. Although I'm not too surprised at this. You all knew it was coming - the attractive one of the bunch. FotR had Legolas, this company will have Kili. Sad but true. Nothing against the decisions to cast a good looking guy, because maybe he's perfect for the role. We'll see.

Other than that, I really don't have too many qualms with the rest of the dwarves. My namesake looks great and I don't mind the weird hat at all. Bombur is okay, I can see why some would dislike him but I really don't mind his design much. Nori's hair has to go but besides that he's fine. Dori and Ori look good to me, and Balin, Gloin, and Oin obviously look like dwarves. Fili looks too Elfish. They're (B, G, & O) probably the closest to Tolkien's dwarves in image, I would think.
Bofur is offline   Reply With Quote