View Single Post
Old 01-05-2003, 01:09 PM   #15
Purple Elf
Animated Skeleton

Purple Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I agree with Meela that girls tend to be more into fantasy that sci-fi, even though i do occasionally read sci-fi and like programs like stargate SG1 etc.
Come to think of it though in my old school i was the only girl into these things, which i didn't really mind especially when i knew more than the guys and broke their steriotypes. But in my new place, which has far more people, i have hooked up with about three other girls who also like all things fantasy etc, as well as the guys.
But it was my mother who first read me the hobbit and introduced me to the Lord of the Rings, and for some weird reason i tend to assume that most of the people on here are also female, except of course the ones with obviously masculine names, and i was really suprised when looked on one persons profile and found they were a guy! maybe this is just me.
I would also like to add that I got into The Lord of the Rings before i saw the films, not saying that if you didn't its bad or anything, so was not influenced by a certain Mr Bloom, although he helps!, and what does it matter if we (girls) are anyway? Im sure some of the men out there like Arwen or Galadriel as much!
just some thoughts enjoy!