View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 08:51 AM   #2954
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Although I still don't get where the joke came from... Everyone is just Wursting everyone else...
It began with Hookbill trying to impress us Germans by speaking in our native tongue, but his efforts didn't go much further than "Das ist (k)eine Wurst" (or so he claimed). How and why that developped into a running gag is a quantum level mystery that defies exact reconstruction, and experts are still divided on whether or not Jon Snow had anything to do with it; they agree, however, that Squatter was definitely involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
By the way, how on earth do you pronounce the SCHWACHOPF word?
'ʃvaxkɔpf.

As to the Mr Cool rivalry, I'm afraid I'll have to abstain from voting, having lost my impartiality together with my heart to a certain Swede on the ship back from Tallinn (sorry, Volo!). But I can safely say that whatever Volo's hat is made of, the hats of both contestants have been worn by an entire universe of people.