View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 04:52 PM   #372
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I would definitely like to participate, and I don't have anything against the suggested parts. I think the Ivy Bush has like 2+2 minor people plus the narrator or something like that.

The idea about Lake-Town, however, is maybe even better. It indeed was Bilbo's birthday, and the text is suitable especially for large groups of people, since there are quite many characters. So I think that could be used in case there are more people. If not, Ivy Bush or something serves it well.

The Lake-Town scene itself, just for the sake of information: if we start with "As soon as the raft of barrels came in sight..." and finish with, say, the end of the song about the King (or one more paraghraph, unless we want to kill the narrator); we have quite a good job for the narrator in the beginning and in the end, and I think quite equally distributed couple of lines for: Bilbo, Thorin, Fili, captain of the Lake-town guard (ev. there is another role for a random guardsman which otherwise would be played by the captain), Elf (/Elves), Master of the Town, singing people in the city (or that could be done by everyone in the end as a chorus, yay?).

It's maybe not that long, but still quite nice. I will try to take look at something else during the day, too. And I should be available basically anytime, though if we want to get people from both sides of the ocean to participate, perhaps evening Europe-time would be better? I don't know.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote