View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 02:20 PM   #2
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well, since you decided to make a thread out of that post , I think that I should link this one and this one, because they relate to your reaction. You're not the only pessimistic optimist. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Will I leave disappointed? Upset?
The good thing about having low expectations is that you're never disappointed.

Personally, what happens to me quite often, is I vent out my hard feelings toward an upcomming preformance*, and then sit down and enjoy it thoroughly, and after the first wave of positive emotions find faults to criticise and reasons for not declaring it excellent. I know that, regardless of all my rants about PJ and TH movie, I'll be dragging my family to the movie theatre when it comes out, and I would be excited head to toe and think that it's well done. And after a few days I would cool my head and start ranting again about how bad it is.......:-)

*or books or trips or anything of that sort. I'd go over all the bad points in my head, or aloud, and then let them go for the time being and actually appreciate the thing for what it is...

I can't speak for the LOTR films, though, since when I first watched them I was too young to have a decent understanding of what's going on, forget about comparing it to the book. I think my only thoughts were "WOW" and maybe "COOL", but otherwise... Well, the movies are epic compared to some others that I've seen in theatres in the last few years, though less than half as epic as the books. And I think the main reason I dislike them so much is because I like the books that much. If that made any sense at all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
...knowing Jackson as a director now, what do you expect with the 2 upcoming movies?
Nothing new. This brings me back to the "optimist"/"pesimist" thing. I think that we do know what the general picture would be, and it will not be something I'd like.

However, saying that, I will be leaving this opinion at home when I go to watch the first Hobbit movie.

Stupid rollercoaster!

ETA: just to show how low my expectations have fallen, I actually believed this when I first saw it (and I never really bothered to click the link until much later), even though I thought I was prepared for that day...

Last edited by Galadriel55; 10-20-2011 at 06:55 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote