View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 10:29 AM   #295
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Laeko, Day One

#12. Very brief IC post.

#83.
Quote:
My, oh my, but posts go by quickly here.
The quotes don't help. My poor head...

But, umm, look upon my cute pony icon and tell me, could you really suspect someone with a Twilight Sparkle avatar of being a cold-bloodthirsty killer?
Comment: I'll say! *shudders* ...Er... what I mean is, this post does seem quite self-conscious, considering nobody *had* suspected Laeko. However, it's really pretty typical Day One banter, and no doubt I am letting my intense loathing for all things My Little Pony get the better of me.

Didn't vote.

Laeko, Day Two
#134.
Quote:
I'm Alive!
Boy do peole write a lot. But darned if I'm gonna be mod-fired that easily.

Quoting Boromir: #113 "But I can't see either you or Inzil being bothered much, by vague and slight suspicions if you were wolves."

Not to mention, it's usually very unwise to kill the person who voted for you. Then again, if there'd be any time TO do it, it would be the first kill, before "relationships" have been established and everyone's still all fuzzy about… well, everything!

And as has been pointed out, it's still early in the game, and it's just as likely that the wolves are as scared as the rest of us, wanting to make sure not to give themselves away. And hey, it does make a heck of a distraction to kill a target that they don't have much to go on.

Sally: #116, "benefiting us innocents?" You seem somewhat eager to point out your innocence, and that is making you seem suspicious. Then again, that's been pointed out before, so either you missed it, you forgot about it, or you're hoping that by repeatedly proclaiming your supposed innocence that you convince us that way. Have no idea whether that will work or not.

Cripes, I hate being a newbie, though the "protection" is nice, I suppose.
Comments: Seemingly, at some pains to play down the Night-kill ("the person who voted for you" being Elf-warrior for Zil). Goes after Sally, but on fairly reasonable grounds. Overacted "relief" at being still alive is perhaps a bit suss.

#150.
Quote:
Kit, #137 I'm against protecting your lot. You're lucky you didn't really say anything yesterday.

Sounds like SOMEpony's jealous. Nah, just kidding. You drive a hard, cold logic, but you seem legit nevertheless. Maybe a little too serious, but legit.

And yes, to everypony else, I do understand that my protection ends tonight. I honestly didn't ask for it and the only reason I'm thankful for it is because it took me a while to get into the habit of checking this thread. I might actually be bummed to see Azura go, because it looks like he's gonna get modfired unless he does something last-minute.

Regarding Bom, I didn't like the first impression I got, but that was a combination of the vibe I got from his post combined with his usericon (I know, that's stupid, but his post and his picture seemed to communicate a logical predator cooly observing his prey). But first impressions over texted internet are easily misleading, so I'm going to hope he posts more and see what happens. Hopefully I'll wind up liking him as much as I like his screenname.

If Sally confessed to wanting to lynch TEW after he was proven innocent, my first conclusion is that she's being honest and confessing her mistake (though I missed the post in which she said it. Weird, I could have sworn I read everything after TEW died). Then again, upon further reading, I now understand the suspicion of lynch-apologizing.
Comment: Again with the ponies! Eager to learn the ropes (and avoid modfire). Could be anything.

#176.
Quote:
Hmm, whom to logically choose...

Kitana is out, she seems to dislike me too much for her to be a werewolf.
Legate seems entirely legit, as well.
Boromir seems to be one of the brightest minds in the game, and while I find it hard to trust anyone whose logic is too intelligent for me to follow, my gut nevertheless tells me he's good to go.
I haven't myself noticed anything about Kath that makes me suspect them.
Same goes for Greenie.
Inziladun gets points for pointing out they started the Pitchwagon.
I'm keeping a close eye on Sally, though it seems as though I'm not the only one with suspicions.
And finally, I'm not going to vote for Bom because he hasn't been around to defend himself today.

Having read the discussion, that leaves Nerwen and Galadriel. What strikes me as both hilarious and confusing simultaneously is that the two seem to have engaged in quite the argument. Now, that could potentially mean that a) neither of them is is a wolf but they suspect each other, b) one of them is and is trying to make the other one look it so as to avoid attracting attention herself, or c) both of them are and one of the werewolves is getting betrayed. c) is illogical because it's far too early in the game. This is why I decided to wait further.

++Galadriel
Comment: Sucks up to Boro, the way Boro sucks up to tp. Simply sickening. Interprets Zil's saying he "started the Pitch-waggon" as a point in his favour, which I think is an odd way to look at it. Still poking at Sally– this and the previous comment do seem just a bit "off"– not actually making any kind of case or observation, but just reminding everyone else to suspect her (and even the first comment did that, as a matter of fact). Again I could be reading too much into this, as we are dealing with a newbie threatened with modfire for lack of participation, who would naturally be casting around for something to say. Nothing against the other comments. The vote itself is... odd. Laeko seems to be leading up to an explanation for her(?) choice of Galadriel55, but then... doesn't.

Laeko, Day Three
#268.
Quote:
Boromir seems to have maintained logical arguments this entire time, and has come to earn my trust. If he's a werewolf, he deserves to kill me for how legit he's made himself look.

Quote:
Nerwen is seeming a bit suspicious in terms of projecting a sort of argumentative vibe, but then again, most of what I've been noticing in terms of her posts is defending herself, and when everyone's paranoid (which we all should be), that's at least somewhat understandable.

After all, yesterday I'd been noticing Nerwen and Galadriel acting very similarly, and then I went and voted to lynch the blasted Hunter! Given none of the wolves have yet been lynched, my immediate conclusion for losing two gifteds in one night was "well, we're definitely screwed now."

#273.
Quote:
++Nerwen

So, who shall break the tie?
Another odd vote.

Well, then. It's the usual "newbie, or newbie wolf"? question. As we all know, the two can look very much alike. I'd didn't expect to be able to reach any real conclusion, and I haven't– but it does at least seem within the bounds of possibility for Laeko to be a wolf-cub.

Thoughts?

EDIT:X'd with Zil.

Last edited by Nerwen; 11-08-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote