View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 05:07 PM   #26
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar View Post
I can't help but wonder if music plays a role in the positive fate of Tuor. I don't recall reading about Túrin singing or playing, at least nothing decisive. Could the music have kept Tuor more closely connected with the will of the Valar, specifically Ulmo?
That's an interesting idea. In CoH/The Narn the only music that I remember is Hurin's attempt to make a lament for Lalaith and Turin's lament for Beleg. But neither is elaborated on. I'm not sure if you could count the horns of the host of Dor-lomin as music. But if you do, here's the crucial difference - Ulmo's horn vs horns of war. Each one inspires in its own direction.

However, as far as Tuor is concerned, one of the most important musical moments of his life story is probably when he sings to Earendil about the Sea in The Sil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esty
I'm sure I'm not the only one of us who has hit fence bars with a stick to see how they sound, but this is something special! I would love to have heard it!
If every local fence made such sounds no one in the city would be able to sleep!