View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 03:35 PM   #124
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
To clear that up, I don't think innocents should speculate about a certain player's giftedness or non-giftedness while that player is alive - which is what Nog did, wondering about G55's alleged slip with Nights and Days; and giving reasons why a player is likely not gifted is almost as bad as pointing out signs of giftedness, because it helps the wolves narrow down their kill-choices, which is not an innocent's job. I don't see why that is so difficult to comprehend.
As a rule, I don't think so either - but rules can be broken if necessary. Nog knows this full well. Anyway I checked the context where he said that: it was his first post, around 7PM our time, in reply to my absolutely non-serious questioning of Gal for saying she can be around more at Nights. Nog took it onto another level entirely. I was earlier ready to put it down on, I don't know, it being day 1 and stuff, but now I'm not so sure.

Quote:
Btw Agan, I don't think your explanation that Nog did this "to protect an assumed gifted" holds. The best way for an ordo to protect the gifteds would be to act as a decoy, or if you can't think of a way to do that, the second-best way would be to keep mum about whatever makes you think a certain player might be gifted (or not), or explain it away as best you can without bringing the question of giftedness up at all.
It's not like it couldn't be so, but I never thought that was what Nog had intended. I was going for some damage control in the sense that there would be at least one argument, albeit feeble, between Gal and giftedness. You know, just to muddle the waters because that's what I so like to do.

Quote:
That the rest of us spend our days twiddling our thumbs? Spare the rolleyes and come off the high horse, please.
One more reason why Pitch is the best. I love it when people talk back to Nog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Now who's reading too much? Please show me a major point that early into Day 1. As it was, that was the only on-topic thing that seemed even remotely worth commenting.
I wouldn't have thought of it if I hadn't had other reasons for finding you suspicious. It could also have been phrased like "If Greenie turns out to be a wolf, I'd take a hard look at Bom, and the other way round."