View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 07:31 AM   #14
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davem View Post
It's just that Amazon use a file type (.mobi or.azw) which isn't the industry standard (.epub) - so that you don't go buying books from other suppliers like Waterstones, Smiths or Barnes & Noble, etc. Problem is the program I use (Sigil - which is free to download) for creating ebooks produces them in .epub format so they have to be converted on another program Calibre, into .mobi to upload to Amazon. You can lose commas, speech marks & stuff, or be so concerned with the little things like that that you end up not spotting things like 'that very next day' not being corrected to 'the very next day'. It's all minor stuff like that which Mark is sorting. He missed some things as well because he's so focussed on getting part two ready. We did put a lot of effort into getting it right, and they're the kind of thing you find in a lot of paper books - but at least we can correct them and you'll get the corrected text sent through as soon as it's done.
You say that and I still hear lalalalal Amazon lalalalala Barnes and Noble lalala Amazon...

My problem with my other e book is that Chapter 1 has become Chapter L !!! and they haven't taken the zero-tolerance approach to extraneaous spaces PG insist on... and they haven't removed the page headings so the chapter title and page number interrupt sentences !!! But I have waited decades to get my hands on this particular volume so I will forgive it.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote