View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 04:17 PM   #890
Alfirin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Alfirin has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Thanks Alf! I did indeed read The Grinning Man, and actually Yazoo Queen was also in one of these collections. So maybe once I've read the books in my shelf borrowed from library and from my parents (a pile of classics I need to read for a literature course and a few others) I will probably make a reservation for Seventh Son in the city library.
Actually, it's the poem that's going to be the tough one to locate, that hasn't been reprinted much. I think your best chance (once you read all the books) is to ask your library if they have a copy of Maps in a Mirror, a HUGE book that collects a lot of Card's short story work (reading that will also give you an idea about the other stuff he has done) Alternitively (if you are lazy) you can try and find/download the audio collection "The Elephants of Poznan" which has Card reading the poem. The fist of this also re-prints the Tolkein tribute story Card did for After the King

Oh and one piece of advice for going through the series, do not even TRY to work out what the actual date is, you are just going to go crazy. You're going to meet a lot of historical people through the series, but thier life stories are so different, and history has gone such a different that trying to pin down a date is nearly impossible (I've always guessed sometime between 1820 and 1860, but that is just my guess)
Alfirin is offline   Reply With Quote