View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 06:30 AM   #163
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
This is something I wrote yesterday (last Night) after catching up on the game thread (you Europeans talk a lot). It's a pattern I noticed that did not look good not one bit to me. It's about Nog's "weird" (mark the vocabulary) change of mind regarding my outburst. I know it's lame to write an analysis about a discussion about you... but I really don't like this. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GO THROUGH THE PILE OF "EVIDENCE", SKIP TO MY SUMMARY AT THE END.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Your reaction though, it was unexpected seeing from you, because it was like reading one of my rants. "If you suspect me then suspect me!" And really over something that's normal, "Hey Rikae, what do you think about sally?" I can understand boiling over frustrations, but that was an immediate, highly-dramatic reaction.

And this:

"If you suspect her, than say so," but honestly, you're just using the semantics over question-phrasing to defend your reaction as perhaps over-the-top, but an un-wolvish one. So, I'll say it. Looks suspicious.
Well, Boro doesn’t like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Galadriel looked a bit whimsy to begin with but her defence of herself looks pretty genuine.
And Nog’s ok with it.

Quote:
What bothers me about Boro is the way he painted G55 suspicious. To me her strong reaction to Rikae's question for Lottie looked very sincere indeed (as I said already back there). So Boro's attack looked to me like a wolf noticing a possible pray who has made herself vulnerable, and jumping for it. It's hard to see evil in a game, but it felt like a malvolent intent there.
And lookee – again.

#73 – Steve says I seem innocent so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
G55's outburst against Rikae feels pretty genuine to me, and I don't quite get what Boro thinks was so over-the-top about it - I mean, if she had the impression that Rikae was trying to suggest Lottie suspect her, being outraged is an understandable reaction; and as Rikae's post looks just like that on the surface, who's to blame her. (Only, knowing Rikae a bit, that would have been remarkably unsubtle.)
Pitchie agrees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Well. Didn't look genuine to me. And perhaps I shouldn't look at it through my eyes, but I've done the same thing time and time again when I've been a wolf. Get too dramatic over the slightest of things. Not that G55 was faking being angry, but playing up being angry to hopefully get suspicion off her. As if her honor had been impugned. I've literally done the same thing, indignicantly objecting to people beating around the bush..."If you suspect me then suspect me!" stuff.

And her defense for the rant comes dow to semantics, not liking the way Rikae phrased the question to Lottie. Now tell me if you think overly-dramatic reactions to stuff like word definitions and the way questions are phrased is genuine?
In reply to Nog saying I sounded genuine. (Nog answers in #81 – and sticks to his original thought – and I’m putting this as a sidenote that’s not in chronological order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomegranate View Post
G55 jumps, but it seems genuine and I won't hold it against her this time, realising it's probably pretty typical of her.
Once again. Up to now, Boro is alone in suspecting me over the outburst. But along comes Shasta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
G55's post #39 is an incredible overreaction (and yes, that's coming from me, no one's allowed to laugh .) But really, asking someone what they think of you isn't tantamount to "here, make this point against this person for me."
Overreaction, overdramatic. Supports Boro in this.

Quote:
...You're kidding. Who are you and what have you done with Nogrod?! That's so unlike what you'd normally say that I'm almost forced to look for a reason why you'd be protecting G55.
Shasta continues to echo Boro, this time in asking Nog why he thinks the outburst was genuine. He says Pitch is ok with thinking so, but not Nog (well, duh, they are different!).

Quote:
Leaning Innocent:
Boro - Two major reasons: one, I agree with him regarding G55; two, he's getting what seems to be a rather large amount of suspicion from people I'm currently suspicious of.

Leaning Guilty:
G55 - I was fine with her until she exploded earlier. After that, I felt like her clarification of said explosion was basically used to make people more confident of her innocence ("A wolf wouldn't act like that," etc).

Nogrod - I admit, most of the reason he's in this category is his apparent connection to G55, whom I also find suspicious. His reaction to and subsequent defense of her was so incredibly counter to normal Nogrod that I just can't see that being his real thoughts on the matter.
My, he’s serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
G55 - doesn't really sit right with me, but this may well be knee-jerk.
Lommy decides I'm suspicious enough to be her votee. This is unrelated to the outburst, but it does affect the general mood.

Up to this point everyone holds their original opinion (excepting possibly the posts at the very beginning of the Day – much has changed since, and there’s good reason for opinions to change, so I’m not counting those).

Quote:
So Eruhen's vote looks like bandwagoning in major scale and G55's a possible one. Actually, I found an interesting point from back there That is said after she speculates whether Lottie or Boro might be wolves. Finally she decides to vote Lommy So with the content "there has been some talk about" but which she is not opening up in any way...

I might be getting second thoughts about the sincerity of her outburst back there as this looks much like a wolf in trouble trying to find someone to vote.
And Nog does a Legate-180. Why all of a sudden? Because there's more support for this option at the moment?

There certainly is support for lynching me. See: Legate - #125, Lommy - #126 and #129. And Nog’s post again:

Quote:
On other thoughts. Despite my initial gut feeling about G55's outburst I'd say she's quite high on my list.
Legate @ #134 briefly, Lommy @ #136

Quote:
I might vote for G55 or Boro, possibly Eruhen.

Or then I might go after Shasta and vote Bom.

Nog ends up voting Bom (#148). And at the very end of the Day:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
G55 and Boro do post and they can be read - and Eruhen has said all the time he was busy - so he'll have a chance to explain him toMorrow. So I think we are making a decent decision.

Apologies for so many quotes, but now you know I’m not making this up. To shorten the post instead of quoting everything I just gave references to the more general things.

What bothers me is Nog’s flipfloppiness (does this run in the family? ). In all seriousness, though – he starts out standing his ground against Boro, and keeps this up while the general mood is leaning towards me being innocent (Boro is clearly outnumbered). But then Shasta consistently and persistently sides with Boro, and Lommy joins in saying I’m not that shiny. And only now Nog has second thoughts about my outburst, and decides that it didn’t actually look good, and that my vote wasn’t well-explained either, and all that. And as the support for this keeps up, he repeats it more often.

Though when the village doesn’t actually end up lynching me, he backs off and says that it’s better that Bom is lynched.

While writing this, I had some thoughts that maybe the Empress put a cobbler in the game accidentally. I mean, I've never played with Nogwolf, but from what I heard he's as subtle as he could get. Did he expect that such an obvious thing would go unnoticed? And still, I don't think he'd flipflop like that as an innocent either.

Boro and Shasta claim that the "weird" thing is that he actually thought me innocent at first. I don't get why that's weird, but I guess it's just not like him to support emotional outbursts. And this is another thing.

Nog, you're #1 on my suspicion list.

And saying that, my participation will be very limited toDay - hence I wrote this last Night, to save time and give you time to think.