View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 11:05 AM   #178
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomegranate View Post
Now, as everyone kept saying yesterNight (can you put it like that?) Shasta was the one to start the actual bandwaggon against Bom, after suspecting around. However, it's worth noticing that he wasn't the first one to suggest it, even though he was the first to actually give his vote to Bom. First one was Nogrod.
(#113)

During his post he actually kind of talked himself out of it, but somehow it seemed more that he was giving the bait and hoping someone would go with it.
I wouldn't call it "baiting". That's rather normal - and I think it does not sound like "serious wish to lynch Bom", rather really just "anger ventilation", which is understandable.

Though some things about his willingness to flip etc. have merit, I would not lynch him purely based on this. This particular thing is rather understandable as normal reaction, I would say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomegranate
And then there’s Legate. (...) First this whole issue with Inzil, which to me seems more his making than Inzil’s. He keeps repeating the same point over and over, and over an issue after all as minor as one “This is not what we’re supposed to be doing, let’s do something else”. I can’t see that comment of Inzil's as too fishy. It feels like something all of us must've done at some point, giving a relatively useless message at the beginning of the first day.
Now wait a second, I never said "fishy". It was never a suspicion, mind you. I get the feeling the whole Legate-Zil debate is getting completely out of its original meaning in people's interpretation and reinterpretation of it. Zil says the same thing (see below) by talking about me "suspecting" him, but I never did! (okay, later during the day I did a bit, but only because of his reaction, certainly NOT because of the matter of the fact that Zil said "let's hunt wolves instead of talking about acolyte") So to put this back to its proper lines, what it was, in other words: yes, the Legate-Inzil issue took a lot of attention during the Day, but it did NOT have anything to do with suspicion. Also I think if other people hadn't started discussing it so vehemently themselves, it would have been just an episode concerning CLARIFICATION of one's actions (not suspicion!!). Also, note that my continuous questions to Inzil were only one issue, one remark at the fringe (in the matter of importance) of my posts, which otherwise were talking about something else.

So repeating this for the last time, the issue was (narrated as I saw it back then): Zil requested from others to start "hunting wolves" yet didn't act on it himself, so I questioned that behavior, he did not react, I asked him again, he replied with the same line as in start which did not explain anything (at least to me back then), and so on, back and forth something like four times. I kept asking him only because he had not answered my question. Now he has clarified it to me by the end of yesterDay, so we're somewhere else now. But as for the origin of the discussion, what I just said.

So as to this,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
After all Legate's focus on me yesterDay. he went and voted for Bom.
There was maybe "focus", but never suspicion as strong to vote you. I had better suspects than Bom, but you were not among them. I could have voted Boro, for instance - later I basically decided that it's still fine to lynch Bom, especially on first Day, and Pitch, you have in fact summed it up:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Yes, I know, lynch a submarine on D1 if there's no better choice, and if it has to be done, better now than later,
That's basically it, I guess. This argument eventually prevailed in my mind as in the others', probably, over the anyway uncertain suspicions we might have had (and a large part of it was probably when it got rolling, which was probably mostly my doing, I humbly confess, the decisive moment - but really, I don't regret it, even in retrospect. Of course killing a Wolf would have been much better, but for Day 1, at that moment, it was a right choice, I would have probably done it again). The main basis of my vote was indeed this "if not toDay, then never" and "we can still lynch Boro tomorrow".

Which is, btw, what I shall be looking at toDay, along with Gal, as I promised.

Speaking of this all, it of course does not rule out the interior motives of some people who voted Bom, like Pitch said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
Or was there a wolf getting heat who had to be saved?
The question is who would that be - Lommy is the most logical option; the other one something like Boro or Gal or Lottie or whoknowswhat else was teoretically threatened...

But the thing is, it was basically really orchestrated by Shasta. At least from my POV, if he had not pointed it out so decisively, I wouldn't have considered voting Bom, most likely. And so basically the only logical explanation would be that Shastawolf would come up with this brilliant scheme to turn the whole village away from voting some fellow Wolf by proposing a completely new lynch. It would have been brilliant scheme, hats off to Roy Harper, but somehow I'd find it really really really bold and such things don't usually happen.

EDIT: x-ed with Boro... ugh, I've been writing this for an hour (okay, it was interrupted several times for minutes... but now I have to do also other stuff, so shall be back later)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote