View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 05:23 AM   #404
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
PITCHWIFE

Day 1

- acolyte speculation
- more acolyte speculation; comments on the Zil-Legate-issue in some length but says both look innocent; more or less frowns at Steve for doing the exact same thing he himself does in this post:

Quote:
I don't like how people regurgitate it now and pile onto an easy suspicion (people meaning Rikae and Eönwë - especially Eönwë who complains about 'people' [no names given] 'bandwaggoning on that discussion' while doing it himself).
- thinks Gal's outburst against Rikae feels genuine; further commentary on the Legate-Zil-issue
- disagrees with Nog and tries to clear up some confusion between Lottie and Lommy about some post of Zil's:

Quote:
No, what Lottie is saying is that Zil's post that followed hers didn't have anything to do with her poke/attack/whateveryouwannacallit, unlike Lommy had supposed.

FWIW, I was mildly annoyed by Lottie's failure to get my sarcasm, but I didn't think of it as an "attack" until Lommy, ironically, blew it up into one.

In which way would you say has Lottie acted like a bold wolf? I fail to see where she's done anything particularly bold yet.
Quite a lot of concentration on Lottie in this one.

- Disagrees with Eonwe about Zil-Legate-issue; defends Zil; votes Eonwe:

Quote:
No, it doesn't, but poking someone again and again over a point so you can then complain that he's "reiterating his side" and starting a pointless discussion doesn't look particularly innocent either. OK, Legate did the poking and you the complaining, but you're using the controversy between them to paint Zil as suspicious by blaming the whole controversy on him, while it took two to keep it going. If you think this is misrepresenting you, so be it, but it's the best I have toDay.

++ Eönwë

In other news, I'm not happy with Bom's Nilp-vote, quite happy with Lottie's rant defending herself against Nog, a little puzzled by this sudden Lommywagon, and too pressed for time to make up my mind about the rest. Á vala Melkor!

Day 2

Quote:
Three of us dead already, and the hunter among them? Blargh.
I always mistrust comments like this; just doesn't look genuine to me.

- complains about Bom-lynch and accuses Nog and Legate (and Lommy) of hypocrisy
- finds Rikae's hunter hint of ”logical” and ”made himself a target”; thinks Inzil was Rikae's likeliest pick and therefore probably innocent; confused about wabbits and coyotes
- says it matters whether the Bomwagon was initiated by Nog or Shasta
- further comments on Nog and Legate's hypocrisy re. Bom, is willing to excuse Lommy because she was under threat of lynching
- turns from Nog to Eonwe:

Quote:
Eönwë's analysis of evil!Nogrod as the orchestrator of the Bomwagon would be a lot more convincing if he hadn't voted Bom himself, dropping all his prior suspicions; pointing the finger at Nog now and saying "He made me do it!" is a bit rich, isn't it? I was rather suspicious of Nog myself early in the Day, but this actually makes me doubt it.
- argues with Nog a bit:

Quote:
Try to make up your mind whether I'm being "wise with hindsight", as you said earlier, or had wolvish knowledge in advance, will you? And if you think the latter, then say it instead of just throwing insinuating coughs my way.
- further disagrees with Nog about hunter hints
- reaction to Eonwe's reveal:

Quote:
Oops, that changes things quite a bit. I'm trusting Eönwë's dream - in part because it explains the single-minded, aggressive way he's gone after Nog toDay, but mostly because it would be suicide for him if Nog turned out innocent, and I know he's too clever for that.

That said, I don't see Legate's initial reluctance to fall out of his chair trusting Eönwë as suspicious, but rather a point in his favour. Has everybody forgotten that for all we know, the Acolyte may get dreams as well and, whether xe works with the wolves or on their own, is by all evidence not on our side?

That's not saying Eönwë can't be our genuine seer, of course, but the possibility that he's something else should at least be considered - unless of course you know he's not the Acolyte; which makes me have worrisome thoughts about Zil's eagerness to accept his reveal.

But whatever Eönwë is, it doesn't change the fact that he'd be mad to claim a false dream. Therefore, for toDay:

++Nog
Day 3

- tries to make Inzil see that it's understandable that people see him as the acolyte; dislikes Shasta's idea of killing the suspected acolyte Zil
- disagrees with Shasta about whether Eonwe was under sufficient suspicion for his reveal to be justifiable (being of the opinion that the reveal was reasonable in that situation)
- says it looks like Legate is trying to deflect suspicion of himself onto Shasta
- says Sally is being reasonable but playing with the acolyte role
- reaction to Inzil's innocence:
Quote:
Thank you, that simplifies things.

But tell me one thing: if you already dreamed Nog on Night 1 and knew from the beginning that he was a wolf, why on Earth did you join his and Shasta's "lynch Bom" initiative?

I fully understand that you didn't attack him on Day 1, but to actually vote with a known wolf against an unknown?
Conclusions?
A lot of what Pitch has been doing has been clarifying things and trying to settle conflicts. But for all that, he's been quite sharp and his reactions to the reveals (first Nog, then Inzil) look innocentish to me. What has ben called his "moral highground" re. Bom-lynch could easily be a Pitchwolf smelling easy cannon-fodder, though.
Still, my overall feeling is leaning more innocent than not.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote